Aquaworld Cancun Advanced Open Water Certification Overview
Earn your PADI Open Water Diver Certification while vacationing in beautiful Cancun, Mexico. With PADI certification, you will be able to dive at literally thousands of centers all over the world for life, allowing you to experience an exciting range of underwater environments. Training extends over the course of three to four days and consists of knowledge development (theory), confined water dives and open water dives.
The first part of your training has you learn about the terms and basic concepts of scuba diving through manuals and time spent in the classroom. Your apprehension of the theory will be reinforced through quizzes provided by your instructor. Be sure to purchase the reading material in advance so you can read in your free time and maximize the amount of time actually spent diving.
In addition to the theoretical instruction, you will spend time practicing what you have learned at an indoor pool under supervision. This is your chance to get really comfortable using the gear and practicing safety procedures before heading out to an open water environment. And once you have mastered the basics, you will be ready for two sets of two-tank, afternoon dives. For your second set of dives, you also will have the opportunity to head over to nearby Cozumel Island. Full transportation, ferry crossing and lunch at the "La Mision" restaurant will be included for this journey.
The Caribbean Sea surrounding Cancun and Cozumel provides some of the clearest waters and best diving conditions in the world. The reefs in this area are rivaled only by the Great Barrier Reef of Australia in terms of size. Here you will have the chance to observe a spectacular range of undersea animals, such as dolphins, jacks, stingrays, corals, sea anemones, snappers, groupers, sharks, barracuda, moray eels, octopus and turtles.
- Advance your diving knowledge while vacationing in Cancun
- Learn theory in air-conditioned classroom
- Complete five different specialty dives
|Low Price Advantage!|
- Transportation not included
- Videos in our air conditioned classroom (unless you have purchased and read your specialty information prior to arrival)
- Three 2 tank dives: morning reef dives or night dives and wreck diving according to specialties
- This course can be completed in three days depending on the elective dives you choose (assuming the student has read the theory part of the course)
- Each adventure dive can be used towards the first dive of the corresponding specialty course
- Must be PADI Open Water Certified (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Must be 15 years of age (12 years for Junior Advanced Certification)
- Specialty diving certifications in Boat Diver, Deep Diver, Cave,AWARE Fish ID,Underwater Navigator, Wreck Dive,and PADI Enriched Air Diver, PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy, PADI Night Diver, Underwater Naturalist and PADI Multilevel Diver
What To Bring
- Underwater camera
- Change of clothes
- Towels to dry off