Aquaworld Cozumel 1 Tank Reef Dive Overview
Once a sleepy little Caribbean isle off the coastline of the Mayan Riviera, Cozumel transformed into a vacation destination after world-renowned marine biologist and aquatic documentarian Jacques Cousteau arrived on the island after hearing about the vibrant coral reef habitats from U.S. Navy frogmen who trained in these waters. Soon, people all over the world were familiar with the spectacular undersea environs off Cozumel when Cousteau featured this area on his T.V. series. Scuba diving buffs, after seeing the rare marine species and widespread coral growth on Cousteaus show, clamored to view these underwater marvels in person. Off the leeward shore of Cozumel, scuba divers as well as snorkelers take advantage of the calm waters and away from the waves and winds from the Caribbean Sea that may stir sediment and hamper underwater visibility.
Join our pro PADI-endorsed dive masters for an expedition to view the remarkable aquatic habitat through crystalline waters. Cozumels coral gardens are sections of the massive Meso-American reef system, the second biggest in the worlds oceans after the Great Barrier Reef. Divers will see vibrant coral growth, sponges, crustaceans, mollusks, and exotic fish species. You may even be fortunate to see rays or sea turtles.
We will transport you to the best dive locales off the coastline of Cozumel Island on our fully-customized dive boats. Our guides will lead you to the finest spots to dive on the day of your trip by taking all the variables into account, including time of day, tide, weather, season, and currents.
- Enjoy a 1-tank dive at a 45-foot deep reef
- See amazing sea life like marine turtles, angel fish, and parrot fish
- Guided by professional dive masters
|Low Price Advantage!|
- Transportation not inlcuded
- All dives include equipment, except wetsuit rental
- Instructor, supervised reef dive
- Before you begin any dive with us you must fill out health questionnaire which covers the main illnesses and restrictions that may prevent you from diving. Always consult your doctor before doing any new strenuous activity
- Certification card MUST be provided upon check-in
- All dives incur a small additional charge for the Federal Marine Park tax and Dock Fees
What To Bring
- Underwater camera
- Towels to dry off
- Change of clothes