Coba Mayan Encounter Expedition Overview
If you are looking to experience both the cultural and natural wonders within the gorgeous jungle interior of the Yucatan Peninsula, this fantastic all-day tour is for you. You will not find a tour that combines archeological tourism with ecological adventure offered in the region.
The high point of this fabulous day is a visit to Coba, an amazing archaeological park, where you will enjoy a guided English-language tour of ancient Mayan structures, including the legendary outdoor ball court as well as several stone temple structures like the highest pyramid on the Yucatan Peninsula, the Nohoch Muul Temple.
You will have the opportunity to become immersed in the local culture as you visit an authentic Mayan village populated by the modern-day descendants of the widespread Mayan Empire. After witnessing the self-sufficient community, you will learn all about the native flora and fauna from the local residents. You will also have the chance to enjoy some authentic local cuisine while partaking of a Mayan feast in your honor, prepared with traditional techniques and local ingredients.
This tour is not only a cultural exchange, but also an exhilarating outdoor extreme adventure. Participants will participate in a mountain bike ride, rappelling into a refreshing cenote (a flooded freshwater cavern unique to this region), swimming in the natural freshwater pool, soaring through the lush emerald canopy on a series of zip lines, and canoeing on a splendid freshwater lagoon where you will witness a variety of indigenous wildlife like howler monkeys and brilliantly plumed tropical birds.
- Encounter and dine with indigenous Mayans and celebrate their culture
- Tour the amazing archaeological ruins at the ancient city of Coba
- Enjoy canopy zip-lining, rappelling, and canoeing on this eco-adventure
- Swim in a remote jungle cenote
|Low Price Advantage!|
- Transportation is provided for guests in air-conditioned van
- Transportation in air-conditioned van
- Multilingual adventure guide
- Maya guides at locations
- Entrance fee to Coba
- Qualified archaeological guide in Coba
- Life vest, helmets, kayak or canoe, zip-line gear, lunch and drinks
- This expedition is not fitted for people with physical handicap, heart, back or lung condition, or claustrophobia
- Maximum Weight: 265lbs
- Age limit: 6 years old
- Pregnant women and people under the influence of alcohol will not be able to participate in this activity
- Does not include tips for guides, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs or photographs
What To Bring
- Comfortable footwear to walk in the jungle (tennis shoes or sports sandals, no flip-flops)
- Swimming gear
- Extra T-shirt
- Extra cash for tips, pictures and souvenirs