Rio Secreto From Cancun Overview
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, you do not want to miss out on this opportunity to witness the amazing marvels found below the jungle floor of the Yucatan in the flooded cave of Rio Secreto (the Secret River). This astonishing cave is chock full of stunning rock formations created by countless millennia of rushing water by a humongous subterranean river. This kind of underground river system, responsible for creating plenty of caves, grottoes, and cenotes, is a distinctive feature of the Yucatan Peninsula, so dont miss your chance to see this regions true natural wonders.
Your professional guides will escort you on a magnificent journey into the expansive cavern, where you will view a truly unexpectedly gorgeous realm full of breathtaking rock formations including plenty of stalagmites and stalactites. Your English-speaking adventure guides will lead you on a hike and swim more than five hundred yards into this awe-inspiring cavern. Our well trained guides have the extensive experience to ensure the safety of all of their clients. The tour groups are capped at six participants in order to ensure that everyone enjoys a safe and fun tour.
We will supply all of the required gear for you to explore the cavern, including a wetsuit, life vest, specialized footwear, as well as a hard-hat equipped with a head-lamp. The facilities on site include bathrooms, showers, locker room, and gratis towels. Everyone will also enjoy a light lunch buffet as well as freshly-squeezed fruit drinks.
This tour from Cancun includes complimentary round-trip transportation from the hotel zone and Puerto Morales in one of our air-conditioned coaches.
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel in Cancun
- Guided excursion into a flooded underground cavern
- Journey almost 2,000 feet trip into the cave
- Awe-inspiring limestone structure to discover
|Low Price Advantage!|
- Transportation from Cancun hotel
- Hotel pick-up times start at 8 a.m. for 11 a.m. tour
- Hotel pick-up times start at 12:30 p.m. for 3 p.m. tour
- Admission fee to the natural reserve
- Bilingual guides
- Wetsuit, life vest, special shoes and hardhat with headlamp
- Light buffet lunch and fresh fruit drinks
- Guests also have access to our facilities (bathrooms, showers, hammocks, etc.)
- Minimum Age: 6 years old
- Weight Max: 120 Kg/250 lbs
- Must be able to walk without assistance
- Tour capacity: Up to 10 pax
- Minimum age: 4 years old
- Weight limitation: less than 120 Kg/250 lbs
- Tip not included
- Does not inlude photos or souvenirs
What To Bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Short sleeve t-shirt with your swimming suit underneath
- Extra clothes to change into later
- Extra money and/or a credit card for souvenirs, photos or CDs