Wild Sea Turtle Snorkel and Yal Ku Lagoon Overview
This fabulous eco-adventure will transport you to two amazing snorkeling destinations on Riviera Maya: Yal Ku Lagoon and Akumal Bay. Both of these marine sanctuaries offer outdoor enthusiasts the opportunity to witness a spectacular undersea environment while snorkeling. Each of these coastal sanctuaries is a dream destination for any nature lover. You will be guided by our bilingual nature experts to both of these incredible marine habitats.
You will begin this ecological excursion by travelling to Yal Ku Lagoon in air-conditioned comfort. Yal Ku is a remote shallow-water lagoon off the Caribbean coast that is renowned for its abundance of tropical fish species. Through the crystalline waters of this sheltered lagoon you will see brightly colored angel fish, parrot fish, blue tangs, and more. This amazing location is ideal for snorkelers of all experience levels. The deepest point in this lagoon is only six feet deep, yet it is chock full of an assortment of aquatic creatures.
After witnessing the awe-inspiring beauty at Yal Ku, you will be transported to the pristine white sandy beach at Akumal Bay. Akumal Bay is a popular destination for snorkelers because of the many logger head turtles that enter the bay every day to munch on the sea grasses. This marine preserve is protected from rough winds, waves, and weather by the barrier reef at the mouth of the bay. Not only will you see marine turtles while snorkeling in the transparent waters of the bay, but also an assortment of other creatures like manta rays and tropical fish.
After snorkeling, you can enjoy unlimited drinks from our open bar and a tasty meal from our bayside buffet.
- See scores of tropical fish while snorkeling in Yal Ku Lagoon
- Witness logger head turtles swimming in their natural habitat in Akumal Bay
- Enjoy complimentary drinks and lunch buffet on a lovely beach
|Our Price||Retail Price||You Save|
- Round-trip Ferry Transportation from Cozumel
- Meet in front of the Playa del Carmen Ferry Pier in downtown Cozumel
- Round-trip Ferry transportation from Cozumel
- Air-conditioned transportation on the mainland
- Entrance fees to Yal-Ku and Akumal Bay
- BBQ lunch at Akumal Bay
- Open bar at Akumal Bay
- Snorkeling equipment
- Bilingual tour guides
- Tour Capacity: Up to 12 pax
- One of the few places in the world where sea turtles congregate to feed and lay eggs
What To Bring
- Swim suit